AGILE TRANSFORMATION: TOP-DOWN TRANSFORMATION, BOTTOM-UP TRANSFORMATION, THE MIX [#Agile #AgileTransformation]
In a top-down transformation, top management is the decision-maker that forces everyone in the organization to move towards agility. Sometimes this happens even without any support or any understanding what agility really means (because they heard it is really ‘cool’ or for any other reason).
A team or a group of regular employees decide to change their culture, approach, way of working, usually also flattening the hierarchy.
As it all starts with people, the more people do, the more they understand the purpose and values of agility, the more those two approaches presented above become a mix which means:
• Teams self-organize and work autonomously.
• Teams learn continuously and share their experience.
• Small mistakes and failures are perceived as lessons and management supports such an approach.
• Teams study customers’ needs and feedback and adapt accordingly.
• Top management actively joins the changes.
Agile Transformation: Top-Down or Bottom-Up?: